1. Cactus de Sonora @ El Toro blanco 257 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10014
Featuring cowhide barstools and plenty of made-to-order guacamole, El Toro Blanco also boasts over 75 tequilas and mezcals. If you choose to celebrate National Tequila day here, definitely try the Cactus de Sonora. Thank us later.
2. The Sonora Old Fashioned @ Salvation taco 145 E 39th St, New York, NY 10016
The Old Fashioned gets a tequila twist at Salvation Taco. Featuring El Tesoro reposado tequila, Bacanora (an agave-based liquor), Jamaican pepper and grapefruit bitters, it has all the essence of a classic old fashioned, but with a different, slightly lighter edge. Though make no mistake; this one’s made for slow sipping. If you like what's going on behind the bar, check out what's going on in the kitchen.
3. The Afternoon delight at Mayahuel 304 East 6th St. New York, NY 10003
Who wouldn't mind a little afternoon delight? This drink is a concoction of strawberry and jalapeño infused blanco tequila, mango syrup, lime, salt and Modelo Especial. Reminiscent of a beer shandy, this exotic summery cocktail is dangerously smooth.
4. The Classic Margarita @ the Top of the Standard 848 Washington St, New York, NY 10014
There's nothing wrong with keeping it traditional. Enjoy this cool refreshing classic at one of the sexiest venues NYC has to offer while taking in the a gorgeous view. You may enjoy it so much, you just might want to stay a while longer.
5. The Adult Horchada @ Tequila Park Taqueria 356 W 58th St, New York, NY 10019
It's called tequila park for a reason. You can go a number of ways here if you're celebrating here. We'd recommend the Adult Horchada, loaded with tequila, rum, and the Indonesian pistachio-esque leaf Pandan.